Providing our services in a safe, healthy environment with the highest standard of cleanliness has always been a top priority for our practice as you will have experienced during your visits to our office. We are continuing to follow and exceed the recommendations of the ADA, CDC, and OSHA, and update the safety protocols as necessary.
Since re-opening our office in May, our office has added 2 layers of medical-grade air purifiers that increase the filtration rate of air in our exam rooms. We have invested in extra-oral suction (which reduces aerosols from the source) as well as medical-grade air purifiers. As a precaution, our staff is regularly tested (generally every 2 weeks) for COVID-19 at Stanford University.
Our Practice’s Covid Protocols include the following:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked the same questions when you arrive at our office.
- Using a no-touch forehead thermometer, and a simple finger pulse oximeter, we will take your temperature, oxygen level, and pulse before you enter the building.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and throughout the office for your use.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might require more flexibility in scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to schedule transition time between patients, to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to limit the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Per our usual protocol, patient examination chairs will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient, and high-touch surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day.
- In accordance with San Mateo County's personal mask ordinance, we require all those entering our building to wear a mask or face covering.